Why Choose Alpaca Fiber
Silver Street Alpaca Farm-Naturally, Sustainable, Renewable, Elite Fiber
- Are you looking for a “green alternative” product?
- 100% Natural Fiber
- Alpaca Owners Association Inc. recognizes 16 natural fiber colors including many different shades.
- The Fiber can be dyed.
- Alpaca Fiber has no lanolin, is lightweight, sheds water, is water resistant, fire retardant, and wicks water.
- The natural structure of the Fiber allows for softness.
- It is warmer ( due to the fiber tube structure ), stronger, and lighter than wool.
- No harsh chemicals are used to process Alpaca Fiber.
- A surprise benefit when working with Alpaca Fiber the skin on your hands gets softer.
- Alpaca are easy on pastures. Alpaca are browsers, not grazers. Their selective browsing does not damage and erode pasture root systems.
- Alpaca live 20+ years providing many years of annual abundant fleece harvest.
- Alpaca is unlike other Fiber products.
- When cared for properly Alpaca products can last for many years.
- The garments do not need to be cleaned as frequently.
- *Unlike Alpaca Fiber, the manufacturing of synthetic textiles is petroleum-based. Its manufacturing process uses toxic chemicals that add carbon to the atmosphere harming our environment.
- *The process of some plant-based or other natural fibers use harmful pesticides and chemicals that cause a variety of environmental harms limiting our natural resources.
Tuesday, October 24, 2023